Oh what did you expect?


So I find my birthday fun and blessed. Very blessed.

I guess it's got to do with the expectation I had. I didn't expect my uni friends to know my birthday or even bother to give gifts. I didn't expect anything.

I expected the day to be as boring as ever. No wishes, and ofc no gifts. No nothing.
Like, uh cmon I understand it very well. We're all busy with projects and final in three weeks. Everyone's busy. And the fact that I've only told them close friends my birthdate for like once, I didn't expect them to remember. Or if they found it on twitter or facebook, I expected them to be like "oh, your birthday is it? HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and that's it but no.
I didn't expect them close friends to buy gifts with inside jokes and sincere words (though they sound silly lol) and take me out and treat me cake and gift me with three-day-worth Milo stock.

I expected literally nothing.

I only expected my school mofos bestfriends wishing me through whatsapp or instagram or twtr wtv it is and that's it. That's my birthday, and I don't mind. I'm grateful enough for that.

And I certainly didn't expect a long-lost facebook close friend to whatsapp and wish my birthday. We haven't contacted each other for like a year and yet, she still remembers. Nothing falls apart.

And I didn't expect them petromates to do some lets-intentionally-forget-her-birthday-and-wish-her-at-night deal.

And I didn't expect some petromate to do a challenge of "let's not curse to each other" for a day as a birthday gift lol.

And I didn't expect a uni friend to wish my birthday in our course group for muslims (it was actually created bcs we had a project for Islamic Studies and well the group remains) and I didn't expect other people to know me. I expected it to be like "nani? Who? Someone in our class named nani? Got ah?"

I expected nothing.
Literally nothing.


And I'm pretty sure that's the reason behind this blessed feeling. Because I expected nothing, but He gives. He still gives.

And I just get that easily touched by the simplest things.

And again, alhamdulillah.



Comments